Monday, September 29, 2014

How did I get so many tires...

I hate building cars.  Mainly because, I build crappy cars.  I mean I really stink at it. No offence to the LEGO car building community.  You LUGNUT people, don't come hunting me down or pointing out my differing personal views or potshotting me into oblivion.   I'm impressed at your ability.

News at 11...
I don't generally buy sets with cars.  I guess there's been one or two in the sets I've gotten.  I don't pay attention to the vehicles that have wheels, unless those wheels make good engines.  I usually bricklink those.  So where the heck did two thirty gallon tubs of tires come from?

If my house burned down they'd have choppers circling pointing out the tires on fire.

So I don't get it, how has this potential environmental menace built up?  Here's some thoughts:

  1. Tires reproduce.  You stick them in a bin and they make baby tires.  (look at the bottom of your tire bin and look, LITTLE BABY TIRES.)
  2. Tires are fungal in nature.
  3. I have a portal the the Tireverse hiding in my tire bin.

Here's why tires are aggravating:

  1. The aforementioned odor associated with my car building...
  2. Smudges on bricks in a new set.
  3. WHY CAN I ONLY FIND THREE TIRES THAT MATCH?! *RAGE QUIT*

Here's what LEGO does to make tires the bane of my existence?

  1.  Nothing really I'm just Old Grey  
  2. "We have 57 types of tires, but here is our new standard"   "We have 58 types of tires, but..." like ever year.
  3. Ok there's cars in every set I buy outside of space.  Geez Louise! most of the Galaxy Squad has tires.  


OK... I use tires more than I care to admit.  OK... I'm the poster child of using wheel hubs and plastic wheels as engines.  OK... I admit that I got some really fancy big tires one time from LEGO.  We could order a parts pull after we did our LEGO set back in '06 as a reward.  I put some big dang tires on there... and ordered the wrong hubs to match.  OK... I admit I bought some Znap yellow wheel things and never used them.

I'm fairly unsavory to some.  Heck I have folks who hate me.  Unfortunately I return the favor to some as well.  I'm a piece with a purpose, and so are they.  Created with a purpose to be used by the Creator.  They're in the same system as me.  They're not evil Megablocks... So, I guess these stupid tires aren't so bad.

Here's the reality with me and tires...

1)
  THE MEGA CORE MAGNETIZER IS AWESOME 
 2)
MY FIRST SPACE SET HAD TIRES!
3)

 MY FAVORITE LEGO SPACE SET IS A WHEELED VEHICLE.


FINE.  I don't HATE LEGO tires.  I do hate scraping around in those tire bins though.  Feels like I'm stirring a bucket of prunes.

I just noticed how many LEGO RUBBER TREADS I have... RUN FOR THE HILLS FOLKS!







No comments:

Post a Comment