Monday, August 18, 2014

Intro and all that jazz...

I am old.  In LEGO years I'm ancient.  As a 43 year old, I've been a part of the hobby for 35 years and been many things:

  1.  a nerdy rainbow warrior builder kid...
  2. a "I'm buying these for a younger cousin" teenager...  
  3. a lurker on internet channels college student... (remember rec.toys.lego... anyone?) 
  4. a grieving son who picks LEGO back up seriously after loosing his Mom...
  5. a crappy adult builder who doesn't know it yet...
  6. an exited adult builder gaining skill from the online community...
  7. an individual with disposable income spending tons on every set...  
  8. a nervously smiling husband explaining "Hon, this is a real hobby"...  
  9. a sweaty introvert attending his first convention...
  10. a big headed administrator on a building forum... 
  11. a geeked out fanboy getting contacts on the inside of LEGO...
  12. a LEGO Ambassador...
  13. a burned out fanatic wondering if it was all worth it
  14. a new dad buying Quatro and Duplo...
  15. a sleepy dad building table scraps while listening for the kid to wake up on the baby monitor...
  16. a parent sharing his LEGO with a new generation....
  17. a satisfied builder building for fun and not caring who notices...
  18. a human with a brush with death, enjoying the hobby in recovery...

That's the first 35 years of my LEGO hobby, and now, I'm blogging.  Maybe.  We'll see.   I don't write that well, but I've seen scene of LEGO culture go from the mystery of Susan Williams to Lord Business' heart "growing 3 sizes that day" and then a Kragle explosion...

Stay Tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete